Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I just purchased an iPad 5th generation and it doesn't have a sims card. How can I connect other than internet as I live in an area where there is no wifi service?

I just purchased an iPad 5th generation and it doesn't have a sims card. How can I connect other than internet as I live in an area where there is no wifi service?

Posted on

Dec 15, 2017 4:46 PM in response to Aurcis In response to Aurcis

If you purchased a WiFi only model, if you have a cellular phone with a data plan, you can purchsse a separate MiFi, portable Wifi hotspot device, to wirelessly connect your iPad over portable Wifi device to your cell phone and its cellular data service.

OR

Return your Wifi ONLY iPad 5 and purchase the more expensive cellular model, instead.

Good Luck to You!

Dec 15, 2017 4:46 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 5:01 PM in response to Aurcis In response to Aurcis

I've never known any Walmart anywhere to not accept returns.

Anyway, you can share your iPhone's cell connection via Personal hotspot if that's what you want.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Otherwise, as Michel points out, you can buy a Mifi or Mobile Hotspot device from your carrier, which creates a cellular based Wifi network the iPad can use.

The Best Mobile Hotspots of 2017 | PCMag.com

Dec 15, 2017 5:01 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Aurcis

Question: I just purchased an iPad 5th generation and it doesn't have a sims card. How can I connect other than internet as I live in an area where there is no wifi service?