Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.7.2.60 can't download purchased media

Ever since iTunes 12.7.2.60 was released, I am unable to download purchased media from the "Purchased" are in iTunes. I can download directly from within iTunes if I click the cloud link next to the title. I can also download from the description page in the Apple store. In both cases, it does not provide the option to download anything other than the default HD version.

However, from the Purchased link, the little cloud icon normally appearing in the upper right corner of the icon of the title does not appear when mousing over. This occurs on both my machines, one running the current version of macOS and the other running 10.11.6. Just before the installation of the 12.7.2.60 update, the download icon was there.

I spoke for some time with Apple Support, being passed to Level 2 support. Their official recommendation was to reinstall the OS on my High Sierra version. I did this, which did not fix the issue. The level two support staff passed this issue on to an engineer.

I am posting here to see if anyone else is experiencing this. Hopefully the next update will fix this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:35 PM

2 replies

iTunes 12.7.2.60 can't download purchased media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.