Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will my MD822ZM/a not work with my iPhone 8, but it will still work with an iPhone 6s?

I recently purchased a SD card reader model # MD822ZM/A . It works fine with an iPhone 6s but not with an iPhone 8. Is this product no longer supported on new devices?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 5:40 PM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2017 10:49 AM in response to rayers38471

Hello rayers38471,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are having an issue with using your Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader with your iPhone 8. To help resolve this issue, please follow these steps on your situation:

If you don’t see the import option

If you don't see the Import tab, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your digital camera is on and in the correct mode to export images.
  2. Disconnect the adapter, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect it.
  3. Unplug the digital camera or SD card, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect.
  4. Restart your iOS device and turn your camera off and back on.
  5. If one is available, test with a different digital camera or SD card. If you can import media with a different digital camera or SD card, there might be an issue with the data on the camera or SD card. Try to import the data to another device or computer, then use your digital camera to format—or reset—the SD card. Reformatting will erase all the images on the SD card. Check the manual for your digital camera for more help.

If you can’t import some content

Apple camera adapters can import multiple types of media files from your digital camera or SD card. If the format isn't compatible with iOS, you won’t be able to view them on your device, but can import them to your computer later.

Apple camera adapters can import only content that was captured by digital cameras. You might not be able to import content that was renamed, edited, or copied to the digital camera or SD card.

Import photos using Apple camera adapters

Cheers!

Dec 16, 2017 12:45 PM in response to rayers38471

Thanks for replying, rayers38471, and that additional info, it really helps! If you haven't already, please restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Once your iPhone 8 is back on, test your issue again.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, use iTunes on your Mac or PC to backup and restore your iOS software to factory settings, as this process erases the information and settings on your device and installs a fresh copy of the latest iOS software. Temporarily setup your phone as new to test your issues, and then restore your backup and test the issues again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Why will my MD822ZM/a not work with my iPhone 8, but it will still work with an iPhone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.