Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I tune up my Mac Mini?

How do I install latest update?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:39 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 3:24 PM in response to FrankReneria

Should you better identify the build model year and specification of your Mac mini

computer, then others who read through here and consider researching a fair reply

may be able to waste their personal time and online resources in a better cause.

What is your Mac's present operating system? + Hardware configuration specs?

If your computer is having performance issues, then do not upgrade to a later OS

because it would only get worse. If the hard disk drive is full of stored or saved

excess, get an externally enclosed storage drive and back up that excess. By so

doing, you may be ready to clear that from the computer's limited internal storage.

A tune-up? I often run my G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz PPC for 50-60 days at a time w/o

restarting. Sometimes a restart in 'Safe mode' can help it run better. In my older Mac

it also may benefit from repairing disk permissions, and a restart from Safe mode.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

The longest duration any of my older PPC G4 Macs ran without restart: 300 days.

(Security updates and other parts require restart to install, when available.)

So please detail the configuration involved and its specifications. How big is the

internal storage hard drive and how full (capacities used vs. free) also how much

chip RAM is installed? Have you gotten the free Etrecheck report generating app

and learned how to use it? ~ and... are there issues with your web browser?

About Etrecheck: including instructions, what it does, and how to post reports, etc.

https://etrecheck.com/index

Using EtreCheck

There are many things not touched upon so far.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.