Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts

My iPhone contacts keep doubling up.

They also turn the name around and then add this to contacts how do I stop all this

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 5:35 PM

Don't share an Apple ID. That's probably why you have the contacts problem. You each need your own ID; you can then use Family Sharing to share apps, music and other data. Family Sharing - Apple Support. If you and your wife have different sort/display settings that would account for the both the order change and duplications.

In the Address Book on your Mac, go to the Card menu, Look for Duplicates. That's the DeDup function.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 5:35 PM in response to Bushell3

Don't share an Apple ID. That's probably why you have the contacts problem. You each need your own ID; you can then use Family Sharing to share apps, music and other data. Family Sharing - Apple Support. If you and your wife have different sort/display settings that would account for the both the order change and duplications.

In the Address Book on your Mac, go to the Card menu, Look for Duplicates. That's the DeDup function.

Dec 15, 2017 4:38 PM in response to Bushell3

Hi Lawrence, they are just doubling up on my phone, my pc is a mac.

I also have iCloud contacts as well.

when in edit of names and number there is always double ups of linked contacts at the bottom of edit your name.

regards order in contacts and display order or sort order both are the same.

I have both of them on first name and then last but they are coming through the opposite as well.

iPhone contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.