Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to receiving messages in the Messages on your iPhone. To help with this issue, please follow the relevant steps from this resource on your situation, starting with these steps:
Try these steps first
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
- Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
- If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
- Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch