Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to free up space, can i delete files in library-caches-com.apple.bird-session-g ?

Have iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

Processor: 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

Running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Need to free up space, can i delete files in library-caches-com.apple.bird-session-g ?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 5:28 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:19 AM in response to TonyTrejoS

Most things residing in the OSX libraries:

1) are not your typical disk space hogs, and

2) can make your computer spew green pea soup (apologies to "The Exorsist") if the wrong one is removed.

So, like my esteemed colleague Mike, I suggest looking at other causes.

How full in the disk? How are you checking it?

The is a reporting bug in the "Storage" section of "About this Mac" that has been around since about OS10.10 that incorrectly reports most of the storage as "Other" and shows more space used than is real. Rebuilding the Spotlight Index is the usual first step in dealing with this:

How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Posting a snapshot of your configuration can often allow us to quickly resolve a problem if it is due to a software conflict. Fortunately there is a safe and secure way to do that.

A respected and long-serving member of these communities has created a simple utility that will take that "snapshot" of your configuration without revealing any sensitive information about you and your computer. It runs only when you launch it--not in the background--and therefore creates no performance penalties. It is Etrecheck, and is available here:

http://etrecheck.com/

Run it and, when its report displays, click Etrecheck's "Share Report" icon and then "Copy Report" from the resulting dropdown. Paste the entire report into a response to your own thread here. It will often allow us to quickly identify or eliminate software as the problem.

need to free up space, can i delete files in library-caches-com.apple.bird-session-g ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.