Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't receive FaceTime calls on MacPro

I have only used FaceTime a few times over the last few years. This year, I needed it to do business. The call came to my iPhone and I could not receive it on my MacPro, although I could see it there. I have read in another post that iPhone calls can't be passed off to the computer. However, even though FaceTime (FT) is open on my computer, FT calls are always received by my iPhone. So, I can call out on my MacPro, but I can't receive. Is there some way for me to chose which device I receive the call?

I have gone into my iPhone FT and indicated that I do not want the phone to receive calls made to my email address. Will that allow me to receive FT calls on my computer?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 7:16 PM

Hello labech60.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about receiving FaceTime calls on your Mac. I love being able to answer calls on whatever device I have on hand, and being able to FaceTime is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. I'm happy to help you out.

Please review the following article to make sure you have all the correct settings to receive FaceTime calls on your Mac.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

Please let me know that you're able to receive and send FaceTime calls from your Mac.

Take care.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 7:16 PM in response to labech60

Hello labech60.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about receiving FaceTime calls on your Mac. I love being able to answer calls on whatever device I have on hand, and being able to FaceTime is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. I'm happy to help you out.

Please review the following article to make sure you have all the correct settings to receive FaceTime calls on your Mac.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

Please let me know that you're able to receive and send FaceTime calls from your Mac.

Take care.

Can't receive FaceTime calls on MacPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.