Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First person shooter?

I'm hoping this is the right place to ask about first person shooter games. I couldn't find another appropriate community. I'm getting the itch to play a good FPS on my iMac 27" Retina (Late 2015) running High Sierra. In so many words, I enjoy these games, but I suck at them. I've played many on my Xbox 360 with much frustration, because I'm just not proficient at using the gamepad. (Personally, I don't see how anybody is. Lol) Using a mouse seems to be the lesser of all evils. I still get my butt blasted away when I play online against other players, but at least I'm not experiencing the "yoyo effect" of the gamepad: move the cursor - oops, too far, move it back - oops, too far, move it back the other way now - oops, too far...ad infinitum.

I saw "Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare" in the Apple app store. In the minimum requirements, it specifies ATI Radeon X1600, or NVidia Geforce 7300: 128 MB VRam. My iMac video is AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB graphics. I have a sneaking suspicion that although I've got enough VRam (I think), I probably don't have the right kind of graphics hardware. Can anyone confirm?

Also, can anyone suggest a good FPS game where I might stay alive for more than 8 nanoseconds without getting blasted to kingdom come?

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13), null

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 6:23 PM

1 reply

First person shooter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.