Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus with Messages shows unchangeable message

Messages application was working well. All of a sudden, it started showing 'Send Money with Apple Pay' with a 'Continue' button at the bottom. I cannot get rid of this note and cannot see the actual messages.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.1, Messages

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 10:41 AM

Greetings kmkulkarni10,

I see that when you open Messages it says "Send Money with Apple Pay" with a continue button at the bottom and you can't past this screen. It's important to make sure that you can get to your messages, so I'll be happy to help.

What you are seeing is a prompt to set up Apple Pay Cash: Send and receive money with Apple Pay .

If you can't get past this screen by tapping 'Set Up Later', try turning off Apple Pay Cash in Settings by following this path: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Toggle off Apple Pay Cash.

Once you've done this, let me know if you get the same result.

Kind Regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 10:41 AM in response to kmkulkarni10

Greetings kmkulkarni10,

I see that when you open Messages it says "Send Money with Apple Pay" with a continue button at the bottom and you can't past this screen. It's important to make sure that you can get to your messages, so I'll be happy to help.

What you are seeing is a prompt to set up Apple Pay Cash: Send and receive money with Apple Pay .

If you can't get past this screen by tapping 'Set Up Later', try turning off Apple Pay Cash in Settings by following this path: Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Toggle off Apple Pay Cash.

Once you've done this, let me know if you get the same result.

Kind Regards.

iPhone 6 Plus with Messages shows unchangeable message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.