Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to change sim. only one particular sim working on my device

I have been using a sim card for the last 2 years. Now that i removed the sim card and tried to put a different sim of the same carrier the sim is not registering and phone is getting locked. (Carrier says it an issue with the handset). The error messgae show there is no issue with the hardware. The phone is not taking any other sim.

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:22 PM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2017 3:51 AM in response to AKSHATGOVIL

Are you the original owner of the phone and has it always been on this carrier?

Did you update the operting sytem or do a restore before trying the new sim?

Are you by any chance attempting to use a different network for the same carrier, for instance, switching between the GSM and CDMA side?

What message appears on the screen when you try to use the new sim?

Do you know if the new sim works in a different phone?

Have you contacted Apple Support to determine the current activation policy on the phone?

Dec 16, 2017 4:46 AM in response to madra31

Yes i am the original owner of the phone and i have changed the carrier many times before. All the sim cards are working perfectly on my other iphone 6 plus. I found out that the faulty iphone is supporting sim of only two carriers namely ‘airtel’ and ‘vodafone’.

The carriers not supported include ‘idea’ ‘mtnl’ ‘jio’.

The error message is

“the sim card that you have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue wih the iphone. Please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contct apple for more informarion”

unable to change sim. only one particular sim working on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.