Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 0 keep rebooting after installed watchOS 4.2

At watchOS 4.1 with iPhone X it did work perfectly.

But after installed watchOS 4.2, it starts keep rebooting itself.

I tried Erase / Unpair / Re-Pair many times.

Turned off notifications.

No new App installed.

Issue still here.

However, I'm suspect on an AirPods cause this issue.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Peerapon

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Hi

It is certainly not normal for your Apple Watch 1st generation (there is no "Series 0" under Apple's terminology) to restart unexpectedly.

Whilst I can't say why that has been happening, the following steps may help to stop if from happening again (check performance after each before moving on to the next):

Close all apps and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch (normally):

• Close all open apps on your iPhone.
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart them, starting with your iPhone:

• Unpair and re-pair your watch:

Remove apps and watch face complications:

If the issue then persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

3 replies
    Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:46 PM in response to yoware

Hi

It is certainly not normal for your Apple Watch 1st generation (there is no "Series 0" under Apple's terminology) to restart unexpectedly.

Whilst I can't say why that has been happening, the following steps may help to stop if from happening again (check performance after each before moving on to the next):

Close all apps and restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch (normally):

• Close all open apps on your iPhone.
  • Turn both devices off together, then restart them, starting with your iPhone:

• Unpair and re-pair your watch:

Remove apps and watch face complications:

If the issue then persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Series 0 keep rebooting after installed watchOS 4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.