Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nikon D3400

I have a Nikon D3400 and would like to be able to process the raw files with IPhoto and not have to buy expensive software to do so. When will the D3400 be able to be read by iPhoto? There are already a ton of Nikon DSLR cameras in the line up it seems like mine is one of the few that are not.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:03 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 10:48 PM in response to jlester95

When will the D3400 be able to be read by iPhoto?

Never. All development of iPhoto ceased almost three years ago. That means no new raw formats.

It is, however, supported on Photos.app on the latest High Sierra OS. That's free. Also, I'm sure some app came with the camera...

not have to buy expensive software to do so

Never can get my head around this: willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a very good quality camera, but not willing to pay for quality software to process the photos. Bit like paying for the camera and putting a cheap no-brand, poor quality lens on it.

Nikon D3400

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.