Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot see any of my music on my classic 80GB ipod, it all moved from "Music" to "other". When I connect the ipod to my itunes on my pc it shows zero music. Please HELP ! How can I get my music back?

I cannot see any of my music on my classic 80GB ipod, it all moved from "Music" to "other". When I connect the ipod to my itunes on my pc it shows zero music. Please HELP ! How can I get my music back?

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 7:57 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2017 5:17 PM in response to leila322

Hey there, Leila,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I see that you are having trouble accessing the music on your iPod classic. On the iPod, your music appears in the "Other" section versus "Music". If you connect your iPod to iTunes on your Windows PC and select the Music tab under your iPod, iTunes shows there isn't any on the iPod. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend restoring your iPod, then setting it up and syncing your content back to it again. You can use the steps below from Apple - Support - iPod - iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant to perform a restore:

Restore

Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

How to restore your iPod:
  • 1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
  • 2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
  • 3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes. If the iPod's display doesn't show "Connected" or "Do not disconnect" you may need to put the iPod into disk mode to proceed.
  • 4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
  • 5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
    • Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    • Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    • Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    • Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    Note: For Mac users, A message will appear prompting you to enter an administrator's name and password.
  • 6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
  • 7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
  • 8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

Once the iPod classic has been restored, you can then sync your music and other data back to the iPod: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support . Even though the title only mentions an iPod touch, the steps to sync are the same for an iPod classic in current versions of iTunes.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.