Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS11, Siri constantly cuts me off.

Siri worked like a champ until iOS11; since the update, she frequently cuts me off mid-sentence. For example, I just tried to ask 'what is 17,755 times 0.01405?', but she never let me get through the question! I tried phrasing it multiple ways (swapping the number order, saying 'multiply 17,755 by 0.01405...' instead of 'what is 17,755...?'), but she always interrupts me in the middle of my question, so I keep getting the answer to 17,755 x 0 or 0.01405 x 17 instead of the question I actually need to know the answer to. I've tried everything-- speaking slower, speaking faster, running all my words together so there's absolutely no dead air in between words so she won't think I'm finished-- but she keeps doing it. The math problem is just one example; she does it all the time, no matter what I'm saying to her.

As I said, I never had this issue before iOS11, and it's been happening for months, but I've become accustomed to simply not using her as much. I got fed up with it right now, though, and since I'm actually at a computer and can hit up Apple Communities, here I am.

Anyone with any advice, please holler back. I'm using an iPhone SE. Thanks in advance for reading my question!

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:41 PM

Hello MadSammyboy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that Siri is not allowing you complete you questions. In my experience this could be a microphone related issue. Have you recently changed cases for your iPhone? The microphones could be covered up by the case. Remove the case and see if the issue persists. Does the same thing happen when you use headphones with a mic? Test with headphones and see if you can complete your question or not. If you are able to use Siri normally with headphones, that could indicate an issue with the microphones on your iPhone.

The following article has steps to help resolve issues with the microphones on your iPhone: Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 6:41 PM in response to MadSammyboy

Hello MadSammyboy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that Siri is not allowing you complete you questions. In my experience this could be a microphone related issue. Have you recently changed cases for your iPhone? The microphones could be covered up by the case. Remove the case and see if the issue persists. Does the same thing happen when you use headphones with a mic? Test with headphones and see if you can complete your question or not. If you are able to use Siri normally with headphones, that could indicate an issue with the microphones on your iPhone.

The following article has steps to help resolve issues with the microphones on your iPhone: Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards.

Dec 16, 2017 6:41 PM in response to raina_b22

becky_s22, thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my question!

I don't use any cases on my phone, so we can eliminate that possibility. The most outstanding detail is that I began having this problem as soon as I updated from iOS10 to iOS11; I never had the issue at all prior to updating and have had it constantly since updating. That's what makes me think it's not a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, thoroughness is a big part of problem-solving, so I'll try to reproduce the issue using the headphones and microphone, and I'll report back. Thanks again for your help so far!

Since iOS11, Siri constantly cuts me off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.