Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messed up our Apple ID

Hello there. We just got a new iMac at church. One of our guys was setting it up (he's not experienced with mac's). When it asked him to create an apple ID, he entered (i won't actually put it all in here for security purposes): abcdefg@gmail.com

So now, it thinks his apple ID is: abcdefg@gmail.com@icloud.com

I think we've messed something up. What do we do?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:08 PM

7 replies

Dec 16, 2017 7:56 AM in response to SeaPapp

I guess I should have said this before:

We got a new iMac at church a few weeks ago. It was purchased through our sound company who just installed our new sound system and video system. But we realized they gave us the wrong imac. We ordered one with faster RAM and they sent us one with slower RAM. Anyways, they kindly took the "wrong" computer and wiped it and ordered us a new computer.

So, on the old computer, we did have an Apple ID, but I'm not sure if wiping deleted the ID. Did it?

Dec 16, 2017 12:36 PM in response to south0085

Normally, the stuff that needs to be done when a Mac is sold, the seller has to do (that would have been you); however, since this has to do with church, I'd say it should be done by the company/people who a) took and wiped your old computer and b) set up the new one.

FWIW, to make things easier, if this is not your own (personal property) computer, you should not be using your own personal Apple ID. The computer (old and new) should be set up with a "church owned/assigned" Apple ID so anyone with access to the computer can do church business on it. As the Apple ID is tied to any downloads, installs, and/or purchases, you should not have anything tied to your Apple ID on there.

Messed up our Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.