Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Apple ID is disabled what do I do?

I’ve tried numerous times to go through the Apple website to “unlock” my account and I still get the same pop up saying my account is disabled every time I try to download or update an app. It’s really frustrating , so should I just make a new Apple ID? Or what that delete everything from my phone?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:32 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 12:35 AM in response to lillyee40

What exactly have you done ? You've reset the account's password, and then logged out and back in everywhere : If your Apple ID has been locked - Apple Support ?

If you have and it didn't fix it contact iTunes Support and see if they can/will re-enable it : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Creating a new account shouldn't delete content, but anything downloaded by your existing account is permanently tied to that account, so only that account can download updates to its apps etc.

Dec 16, 2017 7:06 AM in response to lillyee40

You shouldn’t create a new account. Since it is disabled there are two options. If it is saying disabled for security reasons or similar, all you have to do is change your password on AppleID.com and that should resolve the issue. If it is just giving the alert that it is disabled, it could be an account issue with iTunes and you would have to contact them.

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

1800-My-Apple

If my Apple ID is disabled what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.