Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library Sync Issue

Hi,

Have this problem with iCloud Music Library. Basically any changes I make on iTunes via Windows 10 (iPhone running iOS 11.2.1) don't push to my phone as expected. Now, this issue actually started with the update to iOS 11 and it hasn't really been fixed in any update. However, SOME changes i make on my iPhone will sometimes update on iTunes on my PC.

Troubleshooting I have already done:

On PC

+signed in/out of iTunes

+ensured iCloud Music Library and Apple Music are on; turned off and back on

+signed out, deleted my iTunes folder, and signed back in

+manually updated iCloud Music Library

On iPhone

+signed out and in to iCloud

+turned off and on iCloud Music Library and Apple Music

+restarted phone

+reset network settings

+restored phone with backup and tried again as new device

This is so frustrating since with iML is on in iTunes, it won't do a manual sync to my phone when it's plugged in. Anyone have any insight? Would be much appreciated.

Here is more or less my setup:

Custom Windows 10 System (Fall Creators Build)

iPhone 6S Plus

Gigabit Internet

Virgin Mobile

Wireless 2.4 and 5 GHz (tried on both and cellular connections to get this to update)

iOS 11.2.1

iTunes 12.7.2.58 (Windows 10 x64)

Windows 10

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 9:22 PM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2017 7:02 AM in response to raven2142

I have this problem with my iPhone X.

When I add a song from my iPad or Mac into my iCloud Music Library, it synchronizes to all my devices and I can see the changes on my iPad Pro, iMac and iPhone 7. But my iPhone X doesn't synchronize the updates into my Music App.

My iPhone X has got the latest iOS Version 11.2.1.

Here are my devices:

• iMac 5K (macOS High Sierra 10.13.2) - iTunes 12.7.2.58
  • iPad Pro 10.5" (iOS 11.2.1)
  • iPhone 7 (iOS 11.2.1)
  • iPhone X (iOS 11.2.1)

I hope that's only a bug which Apple can fix in the following iOS Update.

Dec 26, 2017 3:07 AM in response to SergeantMo

Found a fix to this that worked for me anyway... ! I have no idea why this works, but switch celluar (mobile) data on under settings, apple music. Go back to apple music, playlists, albums etc. now all updated. Don't forget to swtich celluar back off again. Really poor bug on Apples part, caused a lot of problems Xmas day for wife & daughter. That should have been tested & found before release.

iCloud Music Library Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.