Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iBooks remove my downloaded pdf’s?

I have had troubles with iBooks since I downloaded the new iOS 10 in October and I can’t seem to fix it. I have used iBooks for years and have all of my pdf’s backed up to iCloud as well as downloaded to the iBooks app. After the iOS update I have had problems with that every time I enter the iBooks app after it has been closed, most of my pdf’s are no longer downloaded to the phone and only accessible from the iCloud. So I keep on downloading them, just for them to be removed next time I reopen the app. I tried to delete the app and download it all anew over a month ago, but that didn’t work. I have downloaded the latest iOS update for my iPhone 6s and there haven’t been any fixes in that to make the problem go away.

It’s been almost two months with this and I’m getting really annoyed. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Are there any settings that might have changed or other things I can do?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:10 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 2:33 AM in response to munkymajik

My picture galleri keep trying to say I am low on storage, but I have 2 gb left and that is with those iBooks files downloaded. But the problems started a long time before I started to get those storage warnings. So I don’t think that is the problem. I am low on storage right now because I’m on holiday and haven’t transferred the pictures to my computer.

Why does iBooks remove my downloaded pdf’s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.