Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Display Issue

This is a bit of a weird problem and I've searched the internet for months and it seems this is a unique problem.

A few months ago my macbook stopped working, the display shuts off and the keyboard and mouse don't work at all. If I hold up a flashlight to the apple logo, sometimes I can see the screen but after 5-10 seconds it goes blank and eventually turns back on. My USB keyboard and mouse work.

If play a sound on Find My iPhone the entire screen lights up and I'm able to use the built-in keyboard and mouse and everything is normal for about a minute. If I open FaceTime, everything is normal until about a minute after I end the call.

I thought maybe it was a software issue, but I erased the entire computer and I'm still having the same exact problem. I'm gonna have to take it in to the Apple Store but I've been putting it off because it's gonna be expensive. Has anyone else experienced this or know why this is happening?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 11:33 PM

3 replies

Macbook Air Display Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.