Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4:3 Aspect Ratio not working with new AMD graphics driver

I have the 2016 Macbook Pro 15" with AMD Radeon 450. Recently Apple Software Update had me download an updated AMD graphics driver, and after installing it I found that any older games that use a 4:3 aspect ratio stretch out to 16:10, which looks terrible. I tried playing with the Radeon settings and the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" setting seems to work as long as I'm in the Windows desktop, but as soon as a game starts, it resets to stretch out to the full screen. I tried turning GPU scaling on and off and disabling the "Virtual Super Resolution", but that didn't fix anything. Cyan's URU Complete Chronicles worked if I set Windows to 2048x1536 before running the game, but Riven (a much older game from the '90s) wouldn't display properly at all even if I set Windows to 640x480 first. So I simply rolled back the driver to the 2016 that originally came with Boot Camp, and Poof! Everything works fine now as it should. So the new driver is totally buggy. I'm sticking with the older driver -- if it works, don't fix it, right?

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 10:45 PM

There are no replies.

4:3 Aspect Ratio not working with new AMD graphics driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.