Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any idea why keynote files created on my macbook show as folders on ios keynote (and so can’t be opened)?

Keynote files created on my Macbook Pro are only showing as folders on Keynote iOS, in the files browser, rather than files, and so I can’t open them on the iPad Pro. Any clues?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:43 AM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2017 4:55 PM in response to Gary Scotland

They're stored in a folder in Dropbox, which I'm just trying to access from the app. So I turned on Dropbox in locations, and can browse to the folder easily enough—where the Keynote files are—but on the right hand side file browser in the app, the files appear as folders i.e. Presentation.key looks like a folder. And so they can't be opened.

Any idea why keynote files created on my macbook show as folders on ios keynote (and so can’t be opened)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.