Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging in issues

i have a new iPad, am fully logged in with Apple ID but I keep getting a prompt to log in, the email address showing is wrong so will not let me log in. This is causing problems with things like opening Messenger on new iPad, any ideas how I can get rid of this login message please?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 1:26 AM

6 replies

Dec 16, 2017 4:57 AM in response to carolfromcranfield

Copying content over from the old iPad to the Mini 4 means that you are restoring to a backup (unless you are only manually copying each app, song etc. onto it). Did your existing id used to be without the 's' (i.e. have you changed/updated it), or did you have a second account ? If you try that id (without the 's') on http://appleid.apple.com / https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid does it find it ?

Dec 16, 2017 3:42 AM in response to King_Penguin

It's my email address that's wrong so it should be cjones..... but it's

only cjone.... missing the s .. I'm sorry I'm not that clued up so not sure

about the backup? But I am transferring over from 1 old iPad to a iPad mini

4. I have had this happen before on old iPad and seem to remember it

disappeared after some kind of restore? Surprised to see it again on new

iPad? Thanks

On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 at 10:24, Apple Support Communities Updates <

Dec 16, 2017 6:59 AM in response to carolfromcranfield

Is it showing an email that you recognize? Is the email you are referring to just randomly popping up in a notification? If so, chances are it is an AppleID that is linked to content on your device that was brought back through a backup restore. Meaning at some point in the past that content was downloaded on that device with that AppleID. The only way to get rid of it is two options: one you delete a single content (app, music, video) one at a time until the notification goes away. The second option is to erase your phone completely and set up as new. If you set up as new, and sign into your AppleID, you will still get contacts, calendars, notes etc back, just not apps, music, videos, messages etc. But that would be the best option for ensuring the message doesn’t come back. Hope this helps!

Dec 16, 2017 11:53 AM in response to spenserfromnm

Thanks for replying, it is my email minus one letter so starts cjone... whereas it should be cjones... and I somehow got it to go away on my old iPad (never had the problem on my iPhone) but since starting the setup for this one (iPad mini 4) its coming up but only on this one 🤔 clearly I can login in to AppleID as I need to to post and reply here?

Logging in issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.