Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud music library match uk

Hi,

I've just started using Apple Music here in the UK thanks to EE's free offer.

The problem I have is that until now I've simply been using itunes and syncing with my phone as 80% of the music in my itunes is in ALAC format through my purchaes on a flac store website and also CD rips.

Normally this is not an issue, but when attempting to match these files with apple music through icloud music library itunes always no matter what matches it with the US store version which shows not not available in the UK. This is playing havoc with my other devices as trying to download on them tells me it cant be done in the UK.

I have checked all country/region settings on Apple ID, iTunes store and they all show the UK. So why is icloud music library trying to match all my existing library with the US store when there are copies of the album in the UK store.

For example, Adele's 21 album in the UK store is...

What it should match with -> https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/21/405293187

What it matches with -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/21/420075073

Is there a hidden setting that I dont know about that can fix this or is this just how its designed currently.

Thanks.

iPhone X, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 1:35 AM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 4:19 AM in response to sam225

Hi,

As far as I'm aware there is no hidden setting. I am curious on how you established that the album was matched with the US store version.

I have 21 and the tracks have been matched. Often when you click on show in iTunes store, it finds a track - sometimes it shows play, other times the purchase price. This raises the question on the matching source but I don't think that this is a reliable method of determining if the track has been matched with that specific version. Whilst 21 is available in Apple Music, I don't have "show in Apple Music option".

Curiously I have matched Adele's 25 from CD rip to the mastered for iTunes version on all tracks except for one!

Jim

icloud music library match uk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.