Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

İphone x eye strain

İ'm using iphone X 20 days for now. İ'm having serious eye strain and mild migren after a while using, a little nausing also, this is the 15 th iphone i have purchased, i used most of them before, some of them i bought twice. İ mean neither of them caused this problem for me, i am very sad because of this screen. İ swiched iphone SE for 4 days, and my eyes ok now. İts not about using time period, SE doesn't cause like this problem. when i look the iphone x screen now for a 10-15 seconds, it strain my eyes, my eyes get so sensitive, my eyes can feel an anormal frequency like a sensor. About %47 owners voted that in a forum, i know the problem is oled screens, but i can't use iphone x, i want to give it back and i talked to apple customer service, but in Turkiye they said they can't.........

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 10:57 AM

I totally agree with you. Just return that iPhone x to an iPhone 8 plus. It is a problem that the OLED used a technology call PWM to adjust the brightness of the screen. The effect of flicking is more severe under dark environment. It is like your eyes are exposed to thunder lightning all the time. The difference of the iPhone 8 plus screen is that it use DC (direct current) light adjustment which minimizes the flicking effect. The FaceID is an immature technology now and if I have a choice, I prefer to have an under-screen touch ID. I absolutely don't care the security problem of FaceID or touch ID. It is a drawback eventually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 10:57 AM in response to Kortan

I totally agree with you. Just return that iPhone x to an iPhone 8 plus. It is a problem that the OLED used a technology call PWM to adjust the brightness of the screen. The effect of flicking is more severe under dark environment. It is like your eyes are exposed to thunder lightning all the time. The difference of the iPhone 8 plus screen is that it use DC (direct current) light adjustment which minimizes the flicking effect. The FaceID is an immature technology now and if I have a choice, I prefer to have an under-screen touch ID. I absolutely don't care the security problem of FaceID or touch ID. It is a drawback eventually.

İphone x eye strain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.