Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes are gone

Last night I updated my ipad's software to 11.2.1. Now all my notes are gone. All the folders are empty and I have a spinning disk. (I should have about 3500 notes in 15 folders or so.) I've turned Notes off and on again in the ipad settings. I've signed out of icloud and signed in again. I've restarted numerous times. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:45 AM

5 replies

Dec 17, 2017 7:04 AM in response to liv0123

Thank you. Yes, I restored from backup with the same results. All my notes still gone. (It's odd - I kept trying to go to icloud.com with Safari and got repeated "connection error" messages. Never got to icloud.com till I used Chrome and then I just whizzed in. Go figure. Anyways, all my stuff is there - notes, calendars - everything.) So, long story short - after jerking around most of the day, it took about 3 hours and then my notes began to appear. I've got all my notes now. Maybe I was just too impatient. But thanks for your reply, nevertheless.

Notes are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.