Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe creative suite 4 not working in High Sierra

Creative suite 4 has been working right up to Sierra. I have installed Java 8 as instructed on installation. Now documents will not open in InDesign now I have upgraded to High Sierra. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Yes, I accept it is old software but I am now retired and cannot justify subscribing to the Cloud. Does anyone know if Creative Suite 6 works in High Sierra? Thanks

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:15 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2017 5:34 AM in response to barriefromhitchin

Its not Java 8 you need, thats really for the internet. What you need is the legacy java 6 runtime for High Sierra etc. this helps with starting up Adobe applications, download it from here, Download Java for OS X 2017-001

you may have to uninstall Java 8 first, refer to Javas instructions on how to do this. Once the legacy Java is installed you can then reinstall Java 8 if you want, I have both running on my Mac.

There is a website you can access to give you an idea of third party application compatibility, https://roaringapps.com/

click on 'view macOS apps' on the left side of the page and when the next screen loads type in the app you wish to know about, for example Adobe CS4, or Adobe CS6 and it will list which of the suites apps work with which macOS, the first page will show a list of 10 apps in the suite, but click the Display 10 apps button to reveal more per page.

Its not very good news about CS4 but CS6 is better and although it says Bridge won't work, on my mac it does. I primarily use Photoshop CS6 and the only tiny issue is in the Camera Raw dialogue the tooltips banners that pop up when mousing over stay instead of disappearing after a few seconds, making the screen quite cluttered. To stop this go to Photoshop, click on Preferences>Interface and uncheck Show Tool Tips.

Roaring Apps is not an absolute to app compatibility, it is only users like myself and you that provide the information for their website, but it is quite handy to give you an idea.

Hope things work out for you Merry Christmas and Happy Retirement.

Dec 17, 2017 3:50 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Thanks to you all. I have both java 8 and the legacy java 6 loaded. I will try uninstalling java 8 and then re-installing the legacy version, to see if this helps.

Reading the Adobe forum, I am not alone and it does look as though it's curtains for version 4. However, I can obtain a legal copy of version 6.

It is a warning though of Cloud applications as Adobe take no account that I have been a user since 1988 and spent money galore on updates.

Merry Christmas to you all!

adobe creative suite 4 not working in High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.