Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did “Staccato” vibration pattern change?

I downloaded the new software update last night (which took longer than usual to complete) but didn’t notice anything that really stood out to me. When I was receiving text messages today, I then noticed there was a change in my vibration pattern. I thought maybe I couldn’t hear my phone but when I started listening more intently, I realized it was completely different than what I’m used to. This frustrates me because there was absolutely nothing wrong with the vibration pattern before. It’s been the same pattern for years and it’s been pretty popular among most iPhone users (as I’d hear them going off in school and now work). It makes me even more frustrated because the “Staccato” vibration pattern has been updated to sound almost exactly like the “Accent” vibration pattern, which makes no sense. Why would Apple go out of their way to make this change? Don’t they know it would backfire? It may sound silly to complain about this, but it’s even more silly to me that Apple had to change this one specific detail that mostly everyone who used it was comfortable with. Apple, I really hope you read this comment and change the pattern back to the way it was. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:52 AM

7 replies

Dec 28, 2017 6:41 AM in response to Brianna207

Brianna207 wrote:

I'm confused as to why Apple would change "Staccato" pattern. I got used to it, and now none of the other patterns work for me. I even tried to make a custom one to match how it was but of course I can't do it exactly how it was. This irritates me.

No one here would know the answer to those questions. Only Apple could answer that, and they are not here. If you are concerned about changes, then let Apple know by the use of their feedback link here, https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html. That is the only place they get their information from customers. They do not participate in this forum.

Why did “Staccato” vibration pattern change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.