Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp and latest windows update

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help!! I use my 2015 Macbook Pro purely as a PC, I never use it as a Mac as I have a separate macbook I use day to day, My mac has just had an automatic updated (assuming latest windows 10 as that is what I was running) my mac shut down then when re opening I just got the blue windows logo then a black screen, after trolling websites I have managed to get from the blue logo to a black screen with spinning dots, but it has been an hour + and I still have the spinning dots, I have contacted Microsoft who have told me to speak to apple or I can rebot and start over which I want to avoid as I will basically be resetting my mac from scratch, any ideas?? sorry for the long winded question and thanks in advance!!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), Windows 10, Macbook pro using bootcamp

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:27 PM

Hi, the honest answer is I am not sure, I didn't set bootcamp up on my mac, one of the guys in IT done it for me. Since I posted this post today I have managed to get into the mac side of the computer, I have cleaned up the mac as I had quite a few folders on the desktop I wasn't aware of, I can now see I have a Macintosh HD drive and a Bootcamp drive short cut on my home screen, can I do any checks on the Bootcamp software in MACbook mode rather than trying to switch back into the PC mode?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:27 PM in response to Loner T

Hi, the honest answer is I am not sure, I didn't set bootcamp up on my mac, one of the guys in IT done it for me. Since I posted this post today I have managed to get into the mac side of the computer, I have cleaned up the mac as I had quite a few folders on the desktop I wasn't aware of, I can now see I have a Macintosh HD drive and a Bootcamp drive short cut on my home screen, can I do any checks on the Bootcamp software in MACbook mode rather than trying to switch back into the PC mode?

Bootcamp and latest windows update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.