Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect to itunes after the update was installing

I update my iPad mini 3 to iOS 11.1.0, I download the software thru my iPad and I Install it.

While the installation is processing, my iPad reboots twice, and after that.. there is a message Showed, “Connect to iTunes.”

I fix this by updating/restoring my iPad thru iTunes..

and after a few weeks, i saw another update which is iOS 11.2.1

I download the software thru my iPad and later on, I install it.

And suddenly, after the iPad reboots twice, it shows again, “connect to iTunes.”

What I want to say is, everytime that I update my iPad by downloading the software itself, it ends up in ”Connect to iTunes.”

my iPad doesn’t have now a fingerprint sensor (touch id) after the touch screen replacement was done.

Is this related why i always end up to an error ”connect to itunes” after i update it in settings, or there is only something wrong while i downloading the package thru itself?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:39 AM

Hi

Turn ipad off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on ipad don't let go Connect lead to ipad keep power button pressed down until pc sees ipad Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Did you have screen replacement done by Apple?

If it was done by a 3rd party repair then apple will not help you.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 2:39 AM in response to TwoHarmony524

Hi

Turn ipad off Make sure your pc is running the latest iTunes 12.7.2

Connect lead to USB on your pc Press just the power button down on ipad don't let go Connect lead to ipad keep power button pressed down until pc sees ipad Then wait for restore you may need to do this more than once Before it works.

Did you have screen replacement done by Apple?

If it was done by a 3rd party repair then apple will not help you.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Dec 16, 2017 2:45 AM in response to Briansyddall

My iTunes is updated sir, what I mean sir is when I open the settings to update it, and tap the general button and I tap the update button, after the package was downloaded and I install it, it always end up in "Connect to iTunes."
I haven't experience this when my touch id is still working, but after the screen replacement and my home button was changed, I've experience this..

Is their any connections between my Touch Id that's why i received that error?

connect to itunes after the update was installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.