Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting Keynote slides to I-movie

Hello,

I want to put keynote slides to I-movie.

I can change key file to JPG, and import them into I-movie.

However, is it possible to put videos between theJPGs? Also, how does the animation show in I-movie if I convert key into jpg? Photos in I-movie have effect of close-up. I don't want that effect on Keynote slides. How can I change the effect?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:50 PM

I can't cut one Quick Time movie into many to put another video in between Quicktime movies in I-movie.

This is simple and straightforward:

1. assemble the Keynote presentation with the text, shapes and images on the appropriate slides including the animations for each object as necessary, do not use transitions between the slides in Keynote, create the transitions later at stage 5 in iMovie
  2. from Keynote, export to a Quicktime file, all the slides in the presentation
  3. import the Quicktime file into iMovie, edit the Quicktime file into individual clips (one clip for each slide)
  4. add all the edited clips on to the timeline
  5. add transitions, additional text and sound to the timeline if required
  6. export a composite Quicktime file from iMovie to use as the end product
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:50 PM in response to Ashleykow

I can't cut one Quick Time movie into many to put another video in between Quicktime movies in I-movie.

This is simple and straightforward:

1. assemble the Keynote presentation with the text, shapes and images on the appropriate slides including the animations for each object as necessary, do not use transitions between the slides in Keynote, create the transitions later at stage 5 in iMovie
  2. from Keynote, export to a Quicktime file, all the slides in the presentation
  3. import the Quicktime file into iMovie, edit the Quicktime file into individual clips (one clip for each slide)
  4. add all the edited clips on to the timeline
  5. add transitions, additional text and sound to the timeline if required
  6. export a composite Quicktime file from iMovie to use as the end product

Dec 16, 2017 10:32 AM in response to Ashleykow

is it possible to put videos between theJPGs?

In iMovie, import the video and still files you need, then place them on the timeline as required.

how does the animation show in I-movie if I convert key into jpg?

JPEG files are still images, if you want to show the animation applied to objects on a slide, export to QuickTime then import those files into iMovie.

Photos in I-movie have effect of close-up. I don't want that effect on Keynote slides. How can I change the effect?

Match the slide size in Keynote to match the project in iMovie, this will be determined by what the end product is for shown on a computer an HD TV a digital projector e.g. HD video is 1920 x 1080, an iMac Retina 4K display is 4096-by-2304

In Keynote go to Inspector > Document > Document, in the Slide Size dropdown menu; select: Custom and enter the pixel dimensions you want.

Dec 16, 2017 8:55 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank you for the response.

I don't know how to "3. import the Quicktime file into iMovie, edit the Quicktime file into individual clips (one clip for each slide)"

Alternatively,

Can I convert Keynote into GIF (moving pictures)?

I saw only "Words" moving and designed like a poster in I-movie. It was not title. How can I make that? If I am good at making "words" in I-movie, I think I can directly make MOV file without conversion from Keynote.

Thanks,

Dec 17, 2017 11:19 AM in response to Ashleykow

I don't know how to import the Quicktime file into iMovie

In iMovie, go to: File > Import Media and navigate to the required clip

edit the Quicktime file into individual clips

Click on the clip in the browser

Drag the yellow handles at each end of the clip to the required position

Click the plus + button on the clip to add the clip to the Timeline

Can I convert Keynote into GIF (moving pictures)?

No, you should not do that for what you are trying to do

I think I can directly make MOV file without conversion from Keynote.

then give that a try

How can I lengthen the seconds for one photo in I-movie?

add the still image to the timeline

position the cursor over the right hand edge of the clip until a double arrow appears

now drag the clip edge outwards to the right

a timer will appear while you drag the cursor showing the duration of the clip

Putting Keynote slides to I-movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.