Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animoji won’t send!

I’ve been trying to send an animoji to both and iPhone X and an android but it simply doesn’t work. The green line on top loads in a second and it just goes straight to message failure. I can send normal text to both numbers and phones but its just the animoji which seems not to work!

Please any advice on what to do would be much appreciated!

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:41 PM in response to L’izard

Hello L’izard,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to send Animojis from your iPhone X. If you haven't already, please force close the Messages app and restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. If your issue still isn't resolved, please follow the relevant steps in this resource on Messages issues.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Animoji won’t send!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.