Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop: iPhone Not Recognized by my MacBook Pro

Hello,

I've read Apple Airdrop informational info and tried all the various settings mentioned, including those within the links they include - to no avail.

I've read Apple Community posts and tried member suggestions (including to log out, then back into iCloud on both devices) - to no avail.

My iPhone and Mac have all the latest updates and Airdrop settings have Airdrop enabled for everyone.

Yet, my iPhone X is not able to be seen by my primary MacBook Pro for Airdrop transfers.

Because I can send and receive Airdrop transfers using my iMac, my MacBook, and with other iPhones, this is maddening!

It suggests that there's something wrong with my primary MacBook Pro - because the settings are the same as the iMac and MacBook that can see my iPhone.

Why??? What do you suggest?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 4:23 AM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 2:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, thank you. I've now read the articles you shared and other similar ones. And have tried all suggestions - to no avail. One item will result in AirDrop working, but only one time (until I repeat) and that involves "Method 2: Remove potentially corrupted files" of an article that was referenced in the third article you listed: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/experiencing-bluetooth-problems-on-your- mac-try-this/

Airdrop: iPhone Not Recognized by my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.