Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo's does not import my RAW files

I'm working with High Sierra, the latest version of Photo's and my PanasonicFZ90 camera. Photos does not recognise the files, I cannot import the pictures made in RAW. Same goes for PSE 14 and Preview. Preferences in Photo's are for download to iCloud and originals on iMac. Files are called .....RW2. Can anyone explain and or help?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:18 AM

The RAW Support is camera specific. The FZ90 is not yet on the list of supported cameras:

See: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Use the software, that comes with your camera, to develop the RAW files and convert them to TIFFs, before you import them to Photos. Usually Panasonic provides SilkyPix with new cameras.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:18 AM in response to jan nijboer1

The RAW Support is camera specific. The FZ90 is not yet on the list of supported cameras:

See: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Use the software, that comes with your camera, to develop the RAW files and convert them to TIFFs, before you import them to Photos. Usually Panasonic provides SilkyPix with new cameras.

Photo's does not import my RAW files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.