Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd time ghis has happened now.. trying to download apps (free) amd it comes up saying i need to update my billing info... even tho its correct i put in my security number for debit card and money gets taken out?

Each time I put my security number in money gets taken out? And when I don’t do it it won’t allow me to download or update any apps??

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:36 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2017 6:20 AM in response to Juldax

Hello Juldax,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble downloading apps due to your payment method, and I have some information that may help.

While you will not be charged to download free apps, you are required to have a current valid form of payment on your account to do so. If the App Store is requesting payment info, you may need to use an alternate method temporarily, and then switch back or select "None" after any outstanding balance is paid.

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Have a look at the article below for some helpful information and troubleshooting steps.

If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

3rd time ghis has happened now.. trying to download apps (free) amd it comes up saying i need to update my billing info... even tho its correct i put in my security number for debit card and money gets taken out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.