Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

illegal attempt to access my web browser

I was sent a notification by Apple to activate two stage authentication on my account which I did. However I find this to be quite cumbersome.

I have been getting notifications on my iPhone and Mac Book Pro that someone in the South of England has been trying to access my web browser. Obviously I clicked 'DO NOT ALLOW.'

However it has taken a while to reset a password due to the two stage authentication process. Keep getting verification codes which has been cumbersome.

Can anyone explain whether this process is really worth activating? If it means receiving a v code every time it can be a pain and cost me for text messages every time.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:11 AM

It provides you additional security in case someone it trying to hack your account. Whether that is worth the extra steps required depends on how concerned you are about the potential of your ID being hacked. No right answer that fits everyone.

3 replies

illegal attempt to access my web browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.