Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp install win10 failed

MacBook Pro(13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) Intel Core i5

I was using boot camp assistant to install win10, after bootcamp made a new partition and copied win10 to new partition, the MacOS got rebooted and start win10. But then it got a fatal error, that says: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you", please check the image blow. Then it will keep rebooting again and again.

Before this, I have made a successfully installation, but when I try to switch OS and Win10 by holding 'option' key when reboot, same issue happened.

Please help me out.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 6:16 AM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:14 PM in response to Loner T

I upgraded MacOS to 10.13.2 just now, and do BCA again, got a new error. "Your disk could not be partitioned".

User uploaded file

Checked with Disk Utility, there are additional disk image made by BCA like the third one in blow image. The second one, disk3s1 is my U-disk, my external disk(NTFS) is also plugged in, but now show in Disk Utility.

User uploaded file

Now, how to fix the "could not partition" issue?

Dec 16, 2017 4:58 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for reply. I have tried this following your steps, still not working. 😟

Actually, my external disk(NTFS) cannot be recognized by Mac OS now but my U-disk(exFax) can be.

This external disk works well in my another PC. And it also works well before in my MacBook until I installed Paragon Ntfs for Mac and uninstalled it. For now, I reinstalled Paragon, still cannot let my external disk(USB3.0 NTFS) recognized.

Could this be the reason that Win10 cannot booting?

Dec 17, 2017 1:50 AM in response to sayou678

Finally, my issue was fixed.

The first issue, could not be partitioned, fixed by following blow steps:

There is an easy and simple-to-perform process for overcoming such an error. Whenever you get this type of an error message, you can follow the steps given below:

1 Firstly, shut down Mac

2 Then, turn it on

3 And after that, hold keys Command + S

4 This would land you to Single User Mode

5 Here, type the code (/sbin/fsck –fy) in the command prompt interface

6 And then, press Enter from your keyboard

7 Now, the command that you had entered would automatically scan & repairs any of the inconsistencies in your file system that might be holding your hard drive from partitioning

8 Once done with these steps mentioned above, you now have to type ‘reboot’ in this code

9 Then click Enter

10 Now, your Mac restarts as usual

11 Then again, try and run the Boot Camp Assistant for installing MS Windows

12 Now, you might not get this error message and also MS Windows installation would run smoothly too without any such interruption

https://www.systools.in/blog/disk-could-not-be-partitioned/

The second issue. blue screen with stop code: ACPI_BIOS_ERROR, fixed by holding power button for 4 seconds and let the laptop power off, then power it again. It will be booting with Win10. Couldn't know why this is working, maybe this is just available for my case.

Finally I get the win10 installed and can switch MacOS and Win10 pretty well.

Thanks Loner T for help.

boot camp install win10 failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.