Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Groups in mail

When sending an email to a group at work, it adds every email address for each user that I have in contacts. Is there a way to select a specific email type? ie.. “work” email address?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:14 AM

3 replies

Dec 17, 2017 9:01 AM in response to Klaus1

I have an iphone X and the latest generation mbpro laptop running 10.12.6.

When I posted this note, I was having the issue on all systems, since then I did some housekeeping on my laptop's contacts app and in my laptop's mail app I can type "Staff" and get my 11 employees work email autofilled correctly.

The issue remains for me on my iphone (whether my new X or my older models/ios). When I type "Staff" in my phone's mail app, rather than 11 work emails, I get 19 total (the 11 work addresses and a few personal).

I'm operating under the assumption that Contacts propogates in the cloud across ios and os devices. I may be mistaken. I've been a mac user for over 20 years, so I'm pretty well versed in the applications. Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks for your time.

Using Groups in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.