Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: FCS in high sierra: Work around?

Hi

Yes, I use FCPX these days on my mid-2015 MBP, but I have a bunch of movies I made with FCS's FCP and now have FCP 7. I occasionally need to go back and check out something there and have been holding out upgrading to High Sierra till a work around came along.

Has or will that work around ever come around?

best

elmer

Final Cut Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 19, 2018 5:52 PM in response to elmerlang In response to elmerlang

They killed FCP7 and hours of unfinished work for me.

There is some convoluted mission impossible work around, but I have not figured it out yet.

I'm still in the denial phase and walking around in circles and cursing at inanimate objects.

If you have an older machine, create a dual boot drive and install an OSX version earlier than 10.13

If you have a brand new machine that came with 10.13, you need to find a used older one to keep around for legacy projects.

fwiw - this is why I'm hoping my 2008 mac pro 8 core is going to last forever...

x

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

They killed FCP7 and hours of unfinished work for me.

There is some convoluted mission impossible work around, but I have not figured it out yet.

I'm still in the denial phase and walking around in circles and cursing at inanimate objects.

Jan 19, 2018 5:52 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

If you have an older machine, create a dual boot drive and install an OSX version earlier than 10.13

If you have a brand new machine that came with 10.13, you need to find a used older one to keep around for legacy projects.

fwiw - this is why I'm hoping my 2008 mac pro 8 core is going to last forever...

x

Jan 19, 2018 5:52 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jan 19, 2018 5:55 PM in response to Studio X In response to Studio X

Hi gents,

thanks for the replies.

it's not really a current issue since i work with fcpx, but i occasionally have older projects I want to tweak and could have used it's functionality.

and yes i'm hoping my 2010 lasts forever too.

best

elmer

Jan 19, 2018 5:55 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: elmerlang

Question: FCS in high sierra: Work around?