Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Cell Service and 4G LTE ever since updating iOS 11.2 on my iPhone 7 Global Edition, and in Restore mode after updating to 11.2.1

About one weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the iOS 11.2 update to my iPhone 7 Global Edition Model A1660. Ever since then, it's been struggling to connect to the Cellular network, and would often be stuck on "searching" or "no service". Today, after 2 weeks of this, I got fed up and tried to fix it. I tried everything, like resetting my carrier settings, re-inserting my SIM card, etc. The last thing I tried was to restore the phone. I backed up my phone on the iCloud and then erased and restored. When I rebooted my phone shortly after, I found that I still had no service or 4G LTE.

I then decides to update to 11.2.1 using ITune, ITune gives error(-1) and my iphone 7 Global Edition is now useless. It is always in restore mode.

I have tried to restore my Iphone 7 in Restore mode and DFU with Itune, and Itune always give the same error(-1).

I then bought Reiboot Pro for 29 USD and it cannot fix the issue.

I sent my Iphone 7 to a local Authorized Apple Service and Reseller in Viet Nam, the technical team has checked the hardware of my Iphone 7 and there is no problem at all. And they cannot updating my Iphone to IOS 11.2 or 11.2.1, and they are getting the same error(-1) while updating my Iphone 7 to IOS 11.2, 11.2.1

What should I do? My Iphone 7 global edition becomes useless after updating to IOS 11.2 and 11.2.1.

Please fix IOS 11.2, 11.2.1 for that it works with Iphone 7 Global Edition or provide a signed IOS 11.1.2 so that I can restore my Iphone to this old version.

To be honest, IOS 11.2, 11.2.1 is very bad, It is causing trouble to my work and my time

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2, error(-1) while restore or update

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 5:55 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 7:41 AM in response to askbarnabas

I got Restore error(-1)

I have latest Itune, check security software and there is no issue, working USB cable and internet. I also took my phone to my local Authorized Service Center to check hardware and there is no issue with the hardware, and the local Authorized Service center got the same Restore Error(-1) during the restoring process

Problems with Cell Service and 4G LTE ever since updating iOS 11.2 on my iPhone 7 Global Edition, and in Restore mode after updating to 11.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.