Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 updated and restart repeatedly

My MacBook Pro (Mid - 2014) had updated automatically last night to macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. It had finished downloaded once I log in, my MacBook shutting down unexpecting and restarting itself with a black screen in white writing “Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up." After a moment, the MacBook continues starting up… Once I log in again it shut down again after a minute or two minutes, then restarting itself again - what can I do ? What is the happen?

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:01 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2017 12:03 PM in response to Mac_slide

Done a safe boot - wait and nothing helps

Done Recovery mode - nothing helps

I done re-install MacOS, no differences as kept shutting down unexpecting and restarting itself - I also clicked check utility disk for repair - there were no issues.

So I done restoring my MacBook to two days earlier from my Time Machine and now it back to 10.13.1 - it's working fine now and I am not updating again to 10.13. 2 😟

Jan 2, 2018 2:37 AM in response to Kevin G Mulqueen

***UPDATED*** I took a chance to erased the Macintosh HD on my MacBook from Disk Utility and then re-installed MacOS 10.13.2 from turning on or restart my Mac, then immediately hold down “Option-Command-R” to upgrade to the latest macOS i.e. 10.13.2, this was successfully installed and upgraded but I had to use Migration Assistant to get my Macbook back the way I had before from my Time Machine to get all applications, folders and files back - everything had restored normally on 10.13.2. Plew! A lot of effort and a two days work. 😏

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 updated and restart repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.