Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I want to remove the activation code. The previous owner who can assist on this has passed away

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 1:39 AM

Take the device, the original purchase receipt, the death certificate, proof the you legally inherited the device, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the same paperwork.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 1:39 AM in response to carlosntz

Take the device, the original purchase receipt, the death certificate, proof the you legally inherited the device, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the same paperwork.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Dec 17, 2017 1:56 AM in response to carlosntz

Thank you guys. You have been very helpful to me.However the second owner who is the son of the first owner does not have some crucial documents (i.e. Death Certificate of his father and his own birth certificate. But he has the I identity which has the sir name of the his father (the first owner). The first owner passed away and was a speaker of our national parliament.The evidences that he passed away are all over the news. Apple can also prove his death by checking in the sources I have mentioned than to see the real dath certificate.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.