Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brochure or pamphlet printing

I'm trying to create a document as a 4 page A5 pamphlet or brochure to be printed on a single piece of A4 paper in landscape orientation. Front side of sheet should contain page 1 on right and page 4 on left. Rear side of sheet to contain page 2 on left and page 3 on right. Then when I fold the paper I can read it like a book. Easy enough in page layout - just create the four text boxes. But here is the problem: I want the text to flow from page 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. Pages lets me link text boxes 1 to 2 to 3 OK. But when I link in page 4 Pages insists in reordering the pages as 1 on left and 2 on right of front side. Is there any way of telling Pages I know what I'm doing when I link the text boxes together! Reordering the text boxes doesn't help - it does not seem to allow 1 & 4 on the same side. I can achieve the effect I want in OpenOffice - edit the document as if it were four continuous A4 portrait pages, then tick option Brochure in Printer settings -> Options. The printout is scaled down and printed exactly as I want, 4+1 then 2+3. However Pages does not seem to have that feature. None of the layout directions available with pages per sheet 2 gives me 4+1 then 2+3. I don't mind which technique is needed to achieve the effect I want as long as I can do it somehow. There was an old version of Pages which did allow text boxes to be linked in the way I have described.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), Pages 6.3.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 8:06 AM

Hi Andrew,

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Your closest approximation, using Pages 6, is to link pages 1, 2 and 3, and use an unlinked text box for page 4. OR you could set it up the way you want in Pages '09, with all four boxes linked in the correct order and in the correct positions.

If you ever had iWork '09 installed on your iMac, and the version you had was installed from the retail boxed DVD, then unless you deliberately removed it or its applications, you will still have Pages, Numbers and Keynote in a folder named iWork '09 in your Applications Folder. The most recent versions, 4.3 for Pages, 2.3 for Numbers and 7.3 for Keynote, can still be used in High Sierra. If you do not have these versions on your machine, you can obtain the set from Amazon and other resellers, and you can get the updater from Apple's support site. The updater is for ONLY the retail boxed set (single licence or family licence—the software is the same), NOT the 'Trial version (for which you can no longer get an access code after the trial period).

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 8:06 AM in response to AndrewM-J

Hi Andrew,

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: Your closest approximation, using Pages 6, is to link pages 1, 2 and 3, and use an unlinked text box for page 4. OR you could set it up the way you want in Pages '09, with all four boxes linked in the correct order and in the correct positions.

If you ever had iWork '09 installed on your iMac, and the version you had was installed from the retail boxed DVD, then unless you deliberately removed it or its applications, you will still have Pages, Numbers and Keynote in a folder named iWork '09 in your Applications Folder. The most recent versions, 4.3 for Pages, 2.3 for Numbers and 7.3 for Keynote, can still be used in High Sierra. If you do not have these versions on your machine, you can obtain the set from Amazon and other resellers, and you can get the updater from Apple's support site. The updater is for ONLY the retail boxed set (single licence or family licence—the software is the same), NOT the 'Trial version (for which you can no longer get an access code after the trial period).

Regards,

Barry

Brochure or pamphlet printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.