Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail not allowing "Allow Insecure Authentication" on IMAP account

Hi

Late 2014 5k Retina iMac

macOS 10.13.2

Just re-installed 10.13.2. I am trying to use my main IMAP account to get mail, it's already available in Internet Accounts and is working fine for collecting mail on my MacBook.

I know from experience with the MacBook that this account requires "Allow Insecure Authentication" in Advanced IMAP settings in order to connect, and that is checked on the MacBook.

However when I check that option on the iMac and Save it, it doesn't save. It still won't connect and when I re-open Advanced IMAP settings, the box for Allow Insecure Authentication is unchecked again.

I have tried every combination of "Automatically Manage Connection Settings" on/off for both incoming and outgoing server, nothing seems to make it accept this check in the box.

Many thanks

Kind regards

~Guy.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 2:05 PM

Update - tried deleting the account altogether from Internet Accounts. On re-creating it, it works instantly again on the MacBook but still no access on the problematic iMac.

1 reply

Apple Mail not allowing "Allow Insecure Authentication" on IMAP account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.