Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the Activity app not use Nike Training calories

There seems to be a massive discrepancy of the Nike Training Club app and the Apple Watch. I'm not sure if this is the devs of Nike apps, or a restricted integration on Apple's behalf. But even the basics I find so strange that have been supported.

The NTC app seems able to transfer information from app to Health Kit and then from Health Kit to Activity app, but it only seems to use the data of Exercise time from the app, to help move the Exercise ring. The info of Calories is also present, but isn't used towards you Move ring, why is this?

After burning over 100 calories, only for it not to count towards your days goal, is a bit disheartening!!

I know you can start the workout app on your watch at the same time as your workout, but then you get double Exercise points.

Hope this can be fixed sharpish...

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 8:09 AM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2017 8:10 AM in response to sykesy69

Hi

I suggest that you consult Nike's support resources and/or contact Nike for assistance with questions and issues concerning the Nike+ Run Club app, including in respect of any data syncing issues:

Nike+ Run Club Support resources:

Contact Nike (support is offered by phone and via social media):

More information:

Why does the Activity app not use Nike Training calories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.