Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirror (TV Apps, Browser, Black Loading Screen)

First off, let me say I bought the Apple TV to screen mirror WITHOUT WiFi. Also, it’s my first Apple TV so I she no experience with previous versions.

When screen mirroring and trying to select a video to play from the app, Apple TV goes into a black screen with the loading circle and never plays. Only certain apps stay in mirror mode such as FXX, FOXNOW, Comedy Central. Other apps such as ABC, TBS, and others go to black screen and attempt to play but I get an error. Even safari says playing on Apple TV and video never starts.

Does the device need internet once it says playing on Apple TV? If so, what is the purpose of having “Screen Mirror” if we get a black screen? And what is the purpose of mirroring with no WiFi? They need to add two options; Screen Mirror, and Play on Apple TV.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:44 AM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2017 10:57 AM in response to dvdgry

I assume you're using peer to peer airplay over a mobile connection. Some apps revert to basic airplay (which sends the video directly) and the developer either hasn't enabled it, there's a glitch or they blocked it. There are two options, mirroring and basic airplay.

Also, if using long term the carrier can throttle the connection once a certain threshold is reached and it would be in violation of the fair usage policy

Screen Mirror (TV Apps, Browser, Black Loading Screen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.