Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious email about security

I received this mail today! I was just about to enter my email and password in their site just before I notice there is no apple.com at the end, instead it was xcloud.com

Here is the email I received:

Deaг subzerooooo_94@hotmail.com,Fοuг уοuг ѕаfеtу, уοuг Αррlе ID hаѕ Ьееn lοсκеd Ьесаuѕе wе fοund ѕοmе ѕuѕрісіοuѕ асtіνіtу οn уοuг ассοunt. Ѕοmеοnе ассеѕѕіng уοuг ассοunt аnd mаκе ѕοmе сhаngе οn уοuг ассοunt іnfοгmаtіοn. This the details :

Country : PalauIP Address : 66.13.64.68Date and Time : 17:27, 16 Dec 2017OS : Windows Server 2003/XP x64Browser : Internet ExplorerIf you did not make these action or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you should login to your account as soon as possible to verify your information.

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 6:23 AM

It's a scam. Apple will always address you by your real name and the sent-from address will be @apple.com.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Suspicious email about security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.