Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do save my documents photos pdf PPT MP4 without going to iCloud.

Re: iPad Pro 10.5

When I save the documents pdf MP4 jpeg pot words documents all went to my iCloud instead of on my iPad Drive.

Any suggestions how I can save them in my iPad Drive.

Thanks Patrick

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2017 9:57 AM

Good afternoon Sblau,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have files saved on iCloud Drive when you intended to save them on your iPad. It sounds like you enabled iCloud Drive in the Settings app. You can control which apps can save documents to iCloud Drive. Turn off any apps that you don't want to use with iCloud Drive. If you do not wish to save anything on iCloud Drive, you can turn that feature off completely.
Whenever you choose the "Share" option, whether for a document you have created, or to save an attachment in an email or text, choose "Save to device" if you want the document stored internally on your iPad.
Take a look a the resources below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.
iPad User Guide - Use iCloud Drive

iCloud Drive is built into the Files app, so you can easily store files there and access them from all your devices. You can also invite others to collaborate with you on files in iCloud Drive, by giving them permission to view or edit the files.

You can use iCloud Drive on iOS devices (iOS 8 or later), Mac computers (OS X 10.10 or later), and PCs (iCloud for Windows 5 or later or Windows 7 or later). To access iCloud Drive, you must be signed in to iCloud using your Apple ID. Storage limits are subject to your iCloud storage plan.

Set up iCloud Drive. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on iCloud Drive.

Choose which apps use iCloud Drive. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Below the control showing that iCloud Drive is turned on, a list shows which apps support iCloud Drive. Turn each app on or off.

Open a file in another app. Touch and hold a file in iCloud Drive, tap Share, then choose an option.

iPad User Guide - View files and folders - Files app
Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2017 9:57 AM in response to Sblau

Good afternoon Sblau,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have files saved on iCloud Drive when you intended to save them on your iPad. It sounds like you enabled iCloud Drive in the Settings app. You can control which apps can save documents to iCloud Drive. Turn off any apps that you don't want to use with iCloud Drive. If you do not wish to save anything on iCloud Drive, you can turn that feature off completely.
Whenever you choose the "Share" option, whether for a document you have created, or to save an attachment in an email or text, choose "Save to device" if you want the document stored internally on your iPad.
Take a look a the resources below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.
iPad User Guide - Use iCloud Drive

iCloud Drive is built into the Files app, so you can easily store files there and access them from all your devices. You can also invite others to collaborate with you on files in iCloud Drive, by giving them permission to view or edit the files.

You can use iCloud Drive on iOS devices (iOS 8 or later), Mac computers (OS X 10.10 or later), and PCs (iCloud for Windows 5 or later or Windows 7 or later). To access iCloud Drive, you must be signed in to iCloud using your Apple ID. Storage limits are subject to your iCloud storage plan.

Set up iCloud Drive. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on iCloud Drive.

Choose which apps use iCloud Drive. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Below the control showing that iCloud Drive is turned on, a list shows which apps support iCloud Drive. Turn each app on or off.

Open a file in another app. Touch and hold a file in iCloud Drive, tap Share, then choose an option.

iPad User Guide - View files and folders - Files app
Take care.

How do save my documents photos pdf PPT MP4 without going to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.