Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News app add trending stories back

i accidentally hit the heart with the slash on ”trending stories” and it disappeared. I didn’t mean to hit it and I want it back. However, I can’t find it.

it is not in the disliked channels and topics. Nor, can I find it in the search in the app.

How do I get it back?

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:21 PM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2017 11:58 AM in response to BostonMatt

Good afternoon BostonMatt,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have changed your mind regarding "Trending Stories" in the News app on your iPad. Check out the resource below to change your options and customize the News app. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.
Control the kinds of stories that you see in News

If you want to see fewer or no stories about a certain topic or published by a certain channel, you can dislike a story, unfollow a topic or channel, or hide all stories about a topic or from a channel.
Unhide stories from a channel or topic

If you change your mind and later want to see content about a topic or from a channel that you previously hid, you can unhide the topic or channel:

1. From the menu at the bottom of the screen, tap Following, then scroll to the bottom.
  2. Tap "Disliked Channel and Topics."
  3. Tap on the channel or topic that you want to unhide, then tap the filled-in dislike icon User uploaded file . Stories about that topic or from that channel can now appear in For You.

Use News on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

Take care.

Dec 17, 2017 12:21 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks Brenden dv,

Actually, Trending Stories did not act the way I thought/feared it would when I accidentally disliked it. It disappeared for an hour and then showed back up again with different stories.

It makes me think that I basically disliked all the stories in that particular pane.

So, I think Trending Stories is a "feature" of the program. Which is fine, because my "dislike" click was not what I had intended to do.

I need to see if I added to my disliked stories list next...

News app add trending stories back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.