Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri and notes in 11.2 ios

I have been trying to have siri to record notes following all the various guidlines. Asked to add a note siri responds with "notes will continue with your request" and displays open notes. when opened there is no note found.

Added a note manually and requested siri to display all notes and replies "i hmm, I did not see any matching items".

I want to be able to add a note saying what time i took my medicine so hours later I can look to make sure the right length of time has passed.

I checked and the notes app is in the phone not in a folder,turned phone on and off, any help would be appreciated.

I am not wanting a time function or a reminder, just to be able to say a note, make a grocery list ect and then view it later hopefully aided by siri

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 12:39 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2017 6:44 AM in response to keary1213

Hi keary1213,

Thanksfor posting the Apple Support Community. I understand that your unable to add a note to your iPhone using Siri and cannot display your notes using Siri.

You're already off to a great start with trying to restart your iPhone. Since you're still having trouble with Siri and Notes, I recommend to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. This should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud. How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps in the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" from the following article. These steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Take care.

Dec 18, 2017 10:07 PM in response to brenden dv

THANK YOU BRENDEN for your response. As it turned out it was a small problem that once found and corrected ,cured everything.

I had removed the note app from the phone cause i never used it(until now). The app was of course available from the cloud. What happened is that all the related files and so forth were still on the phone which Siri recognized ,which is why I had the response of asking what did I wish to say, but because the actual app was not on the phone the placement of the note was up to the app meaning there was no place to actually put the note. Silly mistake, caused by the associate files of the note app remaining on the phone.

With the loading of 11.2 all the troubles i had with battery life are gone and i'm back to almost 26hrs of standby time

Keary

siri and notes in 11.2 ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.